The new Dungeons and Dragons Lair Assault is nearly here! Between Dungeons Master .com and my last post, I won’t bother to recap the features of this module, or the Lair Assault program in general. Please refer to these two articles for all kinds of links and other goodies.
I will say, however, that after having a chance to read the mod, this is going to be at least as awesome as I had hoped it would be!
Here’s What’s Coming (no spoilers)
This is a brief overview of the content development schedule that will be discussed here at Heroes of Shadow over the next week, and during Lair Assault season.
Before The Assault (over the next week)
- Lair Assault Strategy – Party Optimization
- Lair Assault Strategy – Magic Item Selection
- Lair Assault Strategy – Character Creation (I think the min/max forums have this covered.)
- Lair Assault Strategy – Dungeon Master Tactics
During and After the Assault
- Lessons Learned Episode One
- Lessons Learned Episode Two
- Lessons Learned Episode Three
- Common Traits of the Most Effective Parties (Considering that only one party at my table has succeeded, and everyone else has died, I don’t have enough data to create this post, unfortunately)
I can’t wait! Let the Assault Begin!
I am actually quite pleased that I have the opportunity to playtest this module with several fine gentlemen at my nerdtastic bachelor weekend this labor day. This should give me a good chance to warm up to the mod before pitting myself against more experienced players on Tuesdays from 6:30-9:30pm at Pegasus Games.