From our last post, a number of players and dungeon masters from my friendly local game shop were excited about the idea of transporting Avengers to the DnD universe. Special thanks to all those from Pegasus Games who helped out!
The set of six is available for download here. This is a ~9MB zip file, so don’t bother downloading it from a smart phone.
The Avengers as D&D Characters
After some discussion via email, the heroes were upgraded from level 12 to level 16. Paragon tier is the “world saving” tier, and we thought the group should not be too “young” in their world saving careers. For mechanical fairness, each was made the same level. I suppose it is also worth noting that these are 4th edition DnD builds. Here is a very brief overview of the templates applied to each character:
- Hulk = Half-Orc Monk (with extra smashy smashiness)
- Hawkeye = Human Ranger Hunter (with an arsenal of special arrows)
- Thor = Human Storm Paladin (lots of wind/thunder/lightning goodness)
- Captain America = Human Hybrid Fighter/Warlord (big shield, absurd defenses)
- Black Widow = Human Rogue Thief (and by far the brains of the operation)
- Iron Man = Warforged Sorcerer (flying robot is a must, of course)
Maybe after the movie releases, someone at our game shop will put together a short campaign based on the film… we’ll see.
Was there anything in particular you liked about these builds? What would you change? I was a little sad I didn’t jam another known language into Black Widow’s repertoire, but oh well, there’s always room for improvement… and imperfection can make for interesting roleplay.